Christie Fencing Limited is a “Data Controller” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and UK GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Consequently, Christie Fencing determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which your Data is processed.
Data – collectively all the information that you submit to Christie Fencing via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws – any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to GDPR, and any national implementing and supplementary laws, regulation and secondary regulation;
GDPR – the UK General Data Protection Regulation;
Christie Fencing, we, us – pertaining to Christie Fencing Limited;
User or you – any third party that accesses the Website that is not (i) employed by Christie Fencing and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise employed by Christie Fencing and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services;
Website – the website you are currently using, Christie Fencing, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Personal Data We Collect
We will not collect any personal Data about Users accessing this Website or otherwise communicating or interacting with Christie Fencing except where:
- it is specifically and knowingly provided;
- where it is necessary for Christie Fencing to process or hold for the purposes of the services or goods provided and;
- where there is a valid legal basis for doing so or an alternative separate privacy notice applies to such processing.
Examples of personal Data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website or when otherwise communicating or interacting with Christie Fencing, and which we may collect and process are:
- Personal details such as: your name, address, email address, telephone number;
- Images of your site/property.
How We Collect Your Data
Personal Data many be provided by you to Christie Fencing via:
- Submission of website contact form;
- Telephone call;
- Any other means, e.g. social media.
Keeping Your Data Secure
If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorized use of your data please contact us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Christie Fencing uses Personal Data provided by you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you and to provide you with the information, benefits and services that your request from us;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as quotations or specifics related to our services;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to those services;
- To comply with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional body rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- To comply with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or legal matters;
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, Christie Fencing will not use any of your personal Data for marketing purposes or share your personal Data with other parties.
- We will always request your permission before publishing any customer testimonials on our Website.
It is important that the data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please inform us if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Legal Basis for Processing
- Meet legal obligations under GDPR and applicable Data Protection Laws;
- Appropriately respond to and/or manage or initiate insurance claims/proceedings in the interests of Christie Fencing Limited;
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- Is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- Will not be overly intrusive to you; and will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
It must be noted that even if we delete your Data it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes. Your personal Data will be retained as follows:
- For general enquiries with no further action Data may be retained for a period of up to 24 months;
- If a Quotation has been generated, corresponding client personal Data will be logged on our internal Quotation Register. Should this Quotation not result in works to be carried out and no further action is to be taken, the Data shall be retained no longer than a period of 24 months;
- Where a Quotation results in Project work undertaken, personal Data will be held on our internal Project Register for a period of…. Years tbc
Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Data
Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access: right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time. If we provide you with copies of your Data, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”, in which case we reserve the rights to charge a reasonable fee for administrative costs;
- Right to have your personal data modified or updated if inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to object to direct marketing;
- right to object to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you;
- Right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we remove or delete your Data from our systems. We may be obliged to keep Data for administrative, legal, or security purposes;
- Right to restrict our use of your Data: the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data;
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests;
- In certain circumstances, the right: to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data.
Where we are legally permitted to do so we may refuse your request. Where we refuse your request we will inform you of the reason why.
To make general enquiries, exercise any of your rights outlined above, or to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us at email@example.com.
Queries and Complaints
If you are not satisfied with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by Christie Fencing Limited, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your data rights, we would request that you raise a complaint via firstname.lastname@example.org. If however, further advice is required you retain the right to direct any data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights.
- We are making significant amendments, or